I enjoy traveling. It really makes coming home enjoyable too. Back in the day, travel agents got free trips. I was able to go all over the US for free. I have been in the following states (not all free but some were!):
- Texas (obviously)
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- Washington DC
- New York
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- New Mexico
- And my favorite… Colorado!
I’ve also been to Canada. I love Canada!!! I really enjoyed Toronto and seeing the hockey museum and working for 2 weeks in Vancouver and going up the mountain there on a lift (I wasn’t going to attempt to walk up it like I saw a bunch of people doing) and seeing Roger Waters in concert.
I am trying to take my son all over too. He should have fun in other states!
He has been to:
- Texas (again, obviously) – see below
- Oklahoma – visiting friends
- Kansas – visiting family and friends
- Nebraska – visiting friends
- Arkansas – visiting family
- Massachusetts – visiting family in Boston and in Northampton. We rented a car and drove to all of the surrounding states in one day. We had a blast!
- Maine – drive through to say we’ve been there
- New Hampshire – same day as Maine
- Vermont – same day
- Connecticut – same day
- Rhode Island – same day
- And of course… Colorado! I took him to Manitou Springs to take the Pikes Peak cog railway and to South Park to take a hot air balloon ride. Now THAT was SO much fun!!!
Pretty good for a 12 year old. We drive mostly everywhere on vacation. It’s cheaper, have road trip fun, and see the sites.
We have driven all over Texas. We’ve taken vacations in Corpus Christie, South Padre Island, Dallas, Waco, Paris, San Antonio, Rusk, Palestine, Higgins, Austin, and others. I usually let him pick where we should go around the state. I want to take him to Lubbock where my grandparents lived and Brownwood where my Dad was born. I also want to take him to El Paso because it’s actually fun there with my friends that live there. Where else can we drive in Texas?
So those are the travels we have done so far. I’m ready to go do more exploring, I just need to save up for it.