Hunida posted this for anyone that wanted to do it and it looks fun so I thought I would give it a whirl. Thank you for the fun questions at Christmastime!
1. What does your perfect wrapping paper look like?
A bag 😂 I used to wrap presents but it is so time consuming and people just throw it away so I now use bags that can be reused to help the planet just a little bit.
2. Have you been to any Christmas festivals or light shows this year?
I wanted to go look at lights (we have an entire themed neighborhood near here) but I would have been alone so I decided to just look at lights that my friend text me when she took her boys out.
BFF in Fort Worth TX with her boys:
3. What will you be having for dinner on Christmas?
We have decided that we are going to eat at Saltgrass Steakhouse for our Christmas dinner. They are open from 11-4 so I called and got a reservation.I wanted to do a La Madeleine dinner but found out you had to buy 10 people worth and there are only 3 of us. Why waste the money? And to buy a 12 pound turkey or 10 pound ham and cook it, half would be wasted at least after a week in the fridge.
4. Have you ever had to travel for Christmas?
When my son was 6 months old, before my divorce, we drove to Kansas and Arkansas to have Christmas with his family and to visit my aunt before she passed. It was a great week long vacation and traffic wasn’t that bad (or i blocked that part from my memory or I don’t remember if it was).
5. What was your absolute favorite gift you ever received?
That’s a tough call! Was it the Barbie Dream House I got when I was 8? Was it the Astros shirt my aunt gave me the Christmas before she passed when I was 32? Was it that my son survived pneumonia when he was 6 (that was a hard Christmas as he didn’t even want to open presents as he laid on the couch barely moving – I didn’t sleep for 2 weeks).
6. Do you know how to ice skate?
I used to. I live near the Houston Galleria Mall with a huge skating rink in the middle that I used to have a great time at. I’m sure I would fall flat on my face if I tried it now.
7. Do you give your snowmen a real scarf and a carrot nose? If you’ve never made one, would you?
A real scarf and hat, yes. I don’t think I’ve ever used a real carrot because I’m afraid of nighttime animals coming out and pulling my snowman down to eat the carrot. Yes I live in Houston but I have traveled to places with snow so I have built several snowmen with my Dad in the past.
8. Is there one specific thing you are really hoping to open up this year?
An envelope stuffed with cash would be nice but not going to happen. So no, I just want to let my son open his stuff up and hope he likes it (he only asked for cash).
9. Do you think pets should get presents too?
Of course! We have 6 stocking hung, one for each person and one for each animal. You may have seen what I got Amber in my post from my trip https://juliehcares.com/2018/12/16/been-on-a-holiday/ and I hope she loves her new toy! My mom got the cats a gift too.
10. Did you buy anything new or special to wear on Christmas?
When I was on my trip, I got a set of pajamas to wear on Christmas morning. I’m sure it will end up in photos!
11. What are your favorite Christmas colors?
I love the classic red and green but also think light blue is good.
12. What do you think of The Elf on the Shelf?
Oh that stupid toy that somebody came up with to torture parents with. You have to move it every night or make it do something crazy to “teach your kids to behave”. Uh huh, right. It ended up sitting on our shelf for 2 straight years because I don’t have time for that!
I do follow a great blogger that has crazy adventures for her Elf though. Y’all should check her out! Choppy.
I tag anyone that wants to do this. It was fun! I love the Christmas season!
1. Do you have something that goes in your stocking every year?
2. Do you wake up early to open gifts or just not care and sleep in?
3. Of you don’t have kids or family near you, do you still decorate and celebrate by yourself?
4. Does it snow for Christmas where you are?
5. What’s your all time favorite present to give?
6. Do you do Friendsmas? If so, how?
7. If you have one, do you think your pet knows or cares about Christmas?
8. Is there something special you eat just for Christmas?
9. Are you traveling this year? Tell details!
10. Not a question, just have a very Merry Christmas! 🎄